Piedmont Wildlife Center is a place for the whole family to learn, explore, and be together. We host a variety of family programs throughout the year. See what we’ve got coming up soon:
Saturday, March 18, 2017, 2:00-4:00 PM
April 5-9, 2017
- Experience learning from top-level instructors who live what they teach
- Come away with projects you have made with your own hands and abilities
- Learn the arts of matchless fire making, edible and medicinal plant identification, hide tanning, knife honing, stone tool creation and use, ancient weaponry, basket making, and much more
- Join people from across the southeast who share similar passions, skills and interests
- Recreate an ancestral village experience where the ancient sounds, stories and skills are brought back to life
- Gather around the fires in the evening for storytelling, dancing, and traditional music
April 13, 2017, 5:00-7:30 PM
Meet and Greet some of our native wildlife ambassadors. This is a special event as part of the NC Science Festival that will allow you to get up close and personal with owls, hawks, snakes, turtles, an opossum and more! Gather a checklist and see how many wild species you can find throughout the park and learn all about their native habitats and ways you can help them! You will also have the opportunity to make a pledge for Earth Day that will help animals and our environment!
May 19-20, 2017
Think of a BioBlitz as an epic nature scavenger hunt. We will have expert naturalists and volunteers on-site to search Leigh Farm Park for as many species as possible in less than 24 hours. In years past we have documented brand new species to both North Carolina and to the United States! What will we find this year?
Join us and be amazed by the biodiversity that you can find in your own backyard. Don’t know anything about science? Don’t worry! At this free event, you can learn all about who and what lives in your backyard, meet some of our native wildlife ambassadors, become a scientist in the great outdoors, track a box turtle in the woods, play in the creek, and more!