Earth Keepers After School Program
After school program for nature enthusiasts at Forest View Elementary School and Piedmont Wildlife Center’s Leigh Farm Park Location
The Earth Keepers after school program teaches nature skills and concepts with a hands-on, experiential learning style. The program provides close mentoring and individual attention for every child, to help deepen their inborn sense of wonder for the world around them. Spending time outdoors has been linked to better performance in the classroom, encouraging a stronger connection to nature that can last a lifetime.
- Using field guides, binoculars, microscopes, and other naturalist tools
- Studying skulls & bones, tracks & signs, and animal adaptations
- Using guides and folklore to identify and explore edible and medicinal plants and trees
- Investigating ecological concepts like energy flow, indicator species, and interdependence
- Practicing wilderness skills like fire making and fire safety, finding water, and building shelters
- Getting to know local birds, including their anatomy, language, and habits
- Creating a culture of honor and respect
- Get into the mindset of animals, and many of the activities from our acclaimed camps
After school at PWC:
On Wednesdays from 3:30PM-5:30PM
Winter Session runs February 1 to March 22 at $120 for 6 sessions
Spring Session runs April 19 to May 24 at $100 for 5 sessions
*We will not run on early release days or holidays
Get a $20 discount for the first 5 children to enroll from each school. Use the discount code “Afterschool20” when you sign up!
Forest View Location:
(Only for students enrolled in Forest View Elementary School)
Twice a week from 3:45PM-5:15PM (Tuesdays and Fridays)
Winter Session runs January 31-March 24 at $128 for 16 sessions; $104 for students already enrolled in Forest View’s own After School program
Spring Session runs April 18-May 26 at $96 for 12 sessions; $78 for students already enrolled in Forest View’s own After School program
*We will not run on early release days or holidays.