Homeschool in the Wild!
For youth ages 4-16
December 12th- February 13th (with a 2 week Holiday Break- no Homeschool December 26th or January 2nd)
- Unique outdoor learning experiences
- small group setting
- applied projects
- experienced mentors
- stories, games and adventures in life science and wilderness skills
- community building, leadership and inspired learning
Piedmont Wildlife Center’s homeschool program follows a unique model for teaching and learning that is designed to engage the body and senses, inspire the mind, awaken curiosity, develop confidence, create community and connect with nature.
- We have warm indoor spaces for cold or rainy days. We can get cozy and comfortable with indoor heat and wood stoves whenever we need a break from winter weather. Our road is finished and we will meet closer to those buildings from now on.
- Teens encouraged!~ Advanced challenges and special adventures are offered to Teens and pre-teens. Youth who are already well versed in nature connection will be offered new skills and challenges in both learning and leadership.
- Parents Welcome! Parents who have younger children enrolled in the program and want to stay with us for the morning half day are welcome to stay and enjoy the morning with us.
- Family Friendly! Throughout the year, we will host conversations on mentoring and homeschooling, potlucks and storytelling and other opportunities to come together as a whole community, parents and kids.
- We will continue to meet on Thursdays through the winter -and- we may add an additional day of the week this spring.
Full Session Register for the full session and pay $200 for all eight days
Half Day Full Session Attend the eight week session, but only for half days, $100
Flex Pass Register for a “flex pass” and pay $100 to attend any four of the eight days
One Day Pass Come to any of the program days and register onsite for one day only. Pay $35 for a one day pass.
You do not have to pay for the whole session upfront. We offer payment plans and scholarship options.