Adult Nature Studies
Summer and Fall Classes
- August 16 – Saturday 2:00-6:00pm – Wild Pickles and Preserves with Tannith Tyrr and Sarah Haggerty
- August 17 – Sunday 1:00-3:00pm – CANCELLED Archery Club with Jan Nerone
- August 27 – Wednesday 6:00-8:00pm – Plant Guild with Sarah Haggerty
- September 6 – 2:00-6:00pm – Wild Cocktails, Wines and Sodas with Tanith Tyrr and Sarah Haggerty
- September 7 – 1:00-5:00pm - Liver Health and Medicinal Herbs with Dr. Crystal Honeycutt
- September 10 – 6:00-8:00pm – Plant Guild with Sarah Haggerty
- September 24 – 6:00-8:00pm – Plant Guild with Sarah Haggerty
- September 27 – 2:00-7:00pm – Wild Harvest Series: Fall Fruits, Berries and Greens with Sarah Haggerty
- October 4 - Animal Spirit Medicine with Daniel Foor
- October 5 – Kudzu and Pine Needle Basketry with Nancy Basket
- October 8 – 6:00-8:00pm – Plant Guild with Crystal Honeycutt
- October 11 – 2:00-6:00pm – Primitive Trapping with Ex Umbra
- October 12 – 2:00-4:00pm – Stalking and Wilderness Movement with Ex Umbra
- October 18 – 2:00-7:00 – Wild Harvest Series: Nuts and Seeds with Sarah Haggerty
- October 22 – 6:00-8:00pm – Plant Guild with Sarah Haggerty
- November 12 - 6:00-8:00pm - Plant Guild with Crystal Honeycutt and Sarah Haggerty
- November 15 – 9:30am-5:30pm – Personal Wilderness Day Quest with Daniel Foor
Fees: Classes range from $10 to $75 depending on program length and supply costs. Click on the Register Now button above and sign into the registration system to see the price for individual classes. We recommend registering at least one week ahead of time to secure your spot.
Drop-ins are welcome if the program is not already full. An additional $5 fee is added to the cost of the class for drop-ins. Drop-in students should make sure to check on this web page before coming on the day of the program to learn of class updates or cancellations.
See our program policies for information on Cancellation and Age Restrictions
All weekend programs take place at Leigh Farm Park in Durham except for the Owl Prowls and Bird Language, which take place at Mason Farm Reserve in Chapel Hill (Mason Farm is also accessible by entering “100 Old Mason Farm Road” in most GPS units). Enter the parking lot for Finley Golf Course Clubhouse off of Old Mason Farm Road, or Finley Golf Course Road (it’s the corner where they merge) – we will meet at the back of that parking lot and proceed into the preserve from there.
Discounts and Scholarships:
PWC members recieve a $5 discount on most classes. Class assistantships and Scholarship opportunities are also available. For class assistantship requests, please email us with your interest and availability.