Sign up for announcements about upcoming classes
- June 3 – 6:30-8:30 pm – Community Leadership Program (closed group)
- June 10 – 6:00-8:00 pm – Plant Guild
- June 13 – 2:00-6:00 pm – Baker’s Wild Series:An Evening in the Forest – Smores from the Wild
- June 17 – 6:30-8:30 – Community Leadership Program (closed group)
- June 20 -1:00-4:00 pm – The Art of Natural Navigation with Jack Haggerty Cancelled
- June 24 -6:00-8:00 pm – Plant Guild
- August 5 – 6:30-8:30 pm – Community Leadership Program (closed group)
- August 16 – Awakening Natural Community at Pickards Mountain
- August 19 – 6:30-8:30 pm – Community Leadership Program (closed group)
- August 29 – 2:00-7:00 pm – Wild Harvest Series: Bounty of Summer
Fees: Classes range from $10 to $75 depending on program length and supply costs. Click on the Register Now button above and sign into the registration system to see the price for individual classes. We recommend registering at least one week ahead of time to secure your spot.
Drop-ins are welcome if the program is not already full. An additional $5 fee is added to the cost of the class for drop-ins. Drop-in students should make sure to check on this web page before coming on the day of the program to learn of class updates or cancellations.
See our program policies for information on Cancellation and Age Restrictions
All weekend programs take place at Leigh Farm Park in Durham except for the Owl Prowls and Bird Language, which take place at Mason Farm Reserve in Chapel Hill (Mason Farm is also accessible by entering “100 Old Mason Farm Road” in most GPS units). Enter the parking lot for Finley Golf Course Clubhouse off of Old Mason Farm Road, or Finley Golf Course Road (it’s the corner where they merge) – we will meet at the back of that parking lot and proceed into the preserve from there.
Discounts and Scholarships:
PWC members recieve a $5 discount on most classes. Class assistantships and Scholarship opportunities are also available. For class assistantship requests, please call us with your interest. (919-489-0900) Class assistants are asked to arrive early, assist with clean up and make a donation if able.